Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tackle It Tue


Today I get to tackle something! I did a lot of tackling yesterday as I worked on my daughters room. I know she will be disappointed that I have off today and am NOT working on her curtains. Honestly I feel a little stressed- self induced- as I know that is not from GOD at all. I have quilts to make, one that I need to have finished by Sunday afternoon so that it can be washed and delivered to my cousin. His church music group- not sure how to explain that really- well they are having a Gala with a Theme Support the Troops. I have talked about it on my other blog for sure. Anyway I am donating a quilt. It is for a great cause and also I can give some business cards and such so that is good for me too.
I decided on some Patriotic fabrics from Joanns and then could not figure out what I wanted to do with them. Then I realized how little time I really had to work on this quilt and get all my other things done too, so I chose a charm set I had recently found and am working on creating some Friendship Stars to make a Quilt of Valor. I still will use my beautiful Liberty Quilt Backing that is by Debbie Mumm. I just love it! It talks about God in it which I feel so strongly about. We need our Father in our Nation to survive, without Him we are nothing!
So I do not have my whole quilt to post but I have my first block laid out, it still needs it pieces sewn together to be complete, right now it is just partially sewn. I may do a bunch of the HST's (half square triangles) and center block, then sew them all toward the end. I hope to have enough energy today to complete all the blocks. My throat is sore and my ears are yucky, but I must prevail!




I am reminded of Philippians 4:13 this morning, as this task seems greater than me!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "

and then from Colossians 1 :10-14
10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
May you have a wonderful Tackle It Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome scripture! Especially the part about "great endurance"...as a Mom (or anyone I suppose) it's so easy to take on too much, get overwhelmed and let things pile up. I am not tackling today, I feel like I am barely moving LoL! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24