Thursday, May 19, 2016

Memory Quilt with Embroidery and Pillow Shams

This quilt contains a mother's sweatshirts and one embroidery block since we were short one square
The daughter saw a hummingbird the day of the funeral, so we used that as our theme. 
She wanted something also for her daughters, so I made three extra pillow shams.
I tried to take a couple of special pieces from the bottoms of some of the sweatshirt fronts.
She chose a denim flannel for the back. It has a leaf print.
I even used a couple of collars for pieces in the pillow shams
There was a vest so I used the inner and outer layers to add some character
I sent photos to her and she was just in awe. I think she will really treasure all of these keepsakes.
Photobucket
google.com/+JennWellsandSunshineOfAutumnQuilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24