Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentines Day Blessings

Anniversary Card from my husband. I have been having a rough time lately. Its tough not having my mom here, its tough not spending time with family. It seems that most of them are gone now. Its part of life and the role of getting older yet it doesn't make it any easier. I love that my husband, while not really understanding my raw emotion, gets me. Butterflies are a source of comfort.
He had a hard time coming up with the perfect Valentines Day Gift. When my mom passed I stopped using purple in our home. It was tough, I just had a hard time seeing it. Lately it has come back in small pieces. My husband purchased a small bath towel and journal with purple to show I think its time to work on the healing part of this journey, move past some of the grief. I have some really rough mornings, tea is a part of them as I do my devotion it provides warmth in our pretty cold home. It was just sweet a little bit of everything. Taking time to find things I love and add them all together. I love it.
Prayer journals are part of my daily living. Its the best way for me to reflect and be grateful. This one is perfect. It was the very first song I sang in church in elementary school. The nice part is that my husband didn't know that, this is a gift from God. It has butterflies on it and purple flowers to remind me of my commitment to him through confirmation in Jr. High- Simply perfect. 
Photobucket
google.com/+JennWellsandSunshineOfAutumnQuilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24