Friday, July 13, 2012

Crafty Tasks

This week I purchased a body pillow for the end of our bed, the mattress is constantly shifting and also that is where the dog sleeps. I love how it turned out but I can't seem to get a full picture of it to save my life, so you only get this snippet. I hope to make two matching standard pillowcases.
I had also bought this curtain for the door. I had this old blanket up on the door the last 5 years. It was pretty sad. I had hoped to make curtains but I never found the fabric I wanted. I saw this and knew it would work because it is lined. We could not use the regular rods I purchased so my clever husband bought me two dowels. He drilled holes in the end after cutting a portion off.
I had to trim the curtain and resew the hem, rod entry but I think it turned out great. I need to stain the dowels though so it doesn't stick out so much. Now we have good privacy for our room. Best part it was all done very CHEAP
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24