Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tackle it Tuesday

I am thankful to a previous customer who shared a quilt I made for her with someone that she knew, that led to this quilt order. Word of mouth is the greatest way to gain business.

This is a collection of her daughter's Softball shirts. There were only 9 shirts but I managed to use backs to create a 12 Shirt lap quilt. It is made with a  denim like blue fabric and has a denim like cotton flannel on the back.

This number 9 shirt was falling apart. The blue portion had lifted away from the shirt. I used a simple embroidery stitch to put it back together so that the shirt could be used. I also used portions from the tank top corners to embroider on the quilt itself so that every memory of the shirts provided would be represented in the quilt. I had worked on this as my Tackle it Tuesday but I had not gotten the binding done until this morning. SO I am posting it a little late.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24