Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tackle it Tuesday

But all things should be done decently and in order.

1 Corinthians 14:40

This is obviously pretty dirty. I had all these containers etc under the quilting tables. I have been so busy the last couple of month things just get piled and I move to the next order. The flooded floor was the Lord saying, "Jenn, enough is enough." Today I listened and cleaning was my Tackle it Tuesday



Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

Luke 12:33

I will admit that in order to pull off some of this cleaning I really needed to go through my fabric and some clothing that was donated to Kenzei. I have a friend that quilts, and I will be mailing her three medium size boxes of mixed fabric. She is amazing at using scraps and creating something out of nothing. I am hoping some of what I send her can help her out too. Maybe give her some inspiration for a new quilt. Its fabric that has sat or maybe I had a plan that is no longer there, so it was nice to get rid of some of my storehousing..


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:2-4

Monday was a very trying day for me. I did not sleep well last night. I woke up this morning had an early meeting, had some trying school PTO stuff to handle, had to pay bills, saw the depleted money in the account and panicked a little. I knew I had some quilt orders in hold, two of which by the end of the day I had payment on but I was a tad panicked. I had a meeting tonight and knew I wanted to tackle something. I had planned to quilt but that did not happen since well the condition of my tables was unbearable. I am thankful the Lord helped guide me through my cleaning. I now have a more organized spot to work in. My friend Stef gave me this wood unit and I immediately thought of my quilting area. I can store fabric for current projects and repairs on the shelves and then batting scraps in a container underneath. I am hoping to add a peg board this weekend to the other wall so that I can hang my supplies, rulers, scissors etc. It will be nice to start 2012 off a little more organized. I like that I am making better use of my space too. The quilt money I made today pays for Paul to have gas in his truck and food on our table next week. For that I am very grateful. It has been a good Tackle it Tuesday.

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Psalm 46:10


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24