Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Struggles and Blessings

O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8
Its days like today where I am glad to know in many ways that our family really is just normal. I volunteered this morning at the clothing donation center, SOS, and found the last three Tinkerbell shirts that I needed for a TinkerBell Tshirt Quilt sampler I want to do. I found the best Purple batik fabric for it. Very exciting- that was a huge blessing today.
On the way home I realized how we are very normal. My husband has yet to get the two new belts on our truck and I see lights once AGAIN flashing. He was supposed to put gas in my truck last night and forgot. So now the gas light is going- which is unreliable we just have to count our mileage, then the Oil engine light. I have some running around to do later so I stopped in at the local in town place- discovering I had to pay $5 for one quart of oil. GOSH that is just plain out crazy- but guess what I paid it, seemed silly to spend the extra in gas and put the truck in danger to drive into the bigger town to pay a little less at Walmart. I put the oil in right there in the parking lot, start the truck up to head home to have the washing fluid light start. I just had to laugh.
It also made me think of how this really is like life. Sometimes I wish I had a button on me that flashed when I was getting too tired, when I have just about had enough drama, you know all those times we hit overload or under depleted. I am so thankful to have such a gracious Father in heaven who watches over me. Who allows my body to get head aches to tell me to slow down. Who allows me to get a sore throat so I will stay in bed and rest. We are much like my truck. We have warning signs plugged into us. Our creator was very crafty that way. I just wonder why we don't pay more attention to them.

"My Father has been working from the beginning, and He's continuing to work."
John 5:17

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24