Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Birthday Surprises

Saturday night we drove to town to pick up this cake since no one wanted to bake one. Paul got a half white half chocolate because I wanted white and he didn't. Worked out well for everyone. He came up with a clever idea to put the candles in a 3 and 7 so we didn't burn the house down. :-)

This morning I woke up to this- mind you the bowl is mine but it was a very clever way to present a HUGE bag of mixed candy and 2 Fry pans (a ten inch and twelve in). I was very excited about the cards. There is one from the kids and one from him. I liked that the kids all took time to actually write something. Mekenzei wrote a poem, Zekaryah wrote something kind and Jakob wished me a Happy birthday in Spanish- very fitting if you know him at all.

I am very excited about the fry pans. See I am practical, and my big fry pan has a huge knot in the middle so anything in the center of the pan does not cook evenly. Then everything sticks to both pans. It will be nice to have this new set. We will really celebrate my birthday more this weekend. I have a small list of things that I would like done in the house to help us live a little better and be more organized. I am very much looking forward to that!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24