Sunday, March 6, 2011

Giving Hearts Can Bring Blessings

So often in life we think of the purpose of giving in areas of food, shelter, and tithe. Sometimes we forget what we can give of ourselves when people are in varying times of need. I found out that one of my friends just lost her mother. Being that it was so close to my heart, especially by experience, I contacted her and offered two free quilts for her girls. I really wanted them to have something later in life of their grandmothers. I kind of wondered if she would take me up even on one of them. Today I got a phone call that warmed my heart. She actually is placing an ORDER for 5 quilts. 
Everything in me wanted to give the first and second quilt to her but she really wants to pay me for them. I am so thankful for a giving heart. I truly love doing for others and often I can see how my giving of one part of me leads to the Lord being able to provide for us in another.  It made me search out some bible verses on the subject of giving. To the Lord I give praise for this provision, something I was so willing to do for free.

Deuteronomy 16:17
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.
Proverbs 3:27
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24