Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday


Isaiah 40
I am struggling this week to have balance. To maintain organization, to have a tidy home, to get kids to do their homework or chores, to help my husband understand how much menu planning, specific grocery trips etc are necessary.. the list goes on. The fact is I am struggling this week. At times like this I miss my mom tremendously. I miss being able to go to her and pray with her. I don’t have that anymore with anyone, so I am finding myself relying on just quiet prayer with the Lord, while I know this is necessary I still miss fellowship with my mom too. I thought what would she tell me to lean on? She would remind me to read Isaiah 40. I selected parts that apply to me this week.
10 See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power,
   and he rules with a mighty arm.
See, his reward is with him,
   and his recompense accompanies him.
11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
   He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
   he gently leads those that have young.
I am thankful to have him as my shepherd. I am thankful to have his loving arms to surround me and comfort me. I am thankful that he will continue to lead me as I pursue his path to be a better wife, mother and friend.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
   Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
   and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
   not one of them is missing.
When I read this it makes me remember that there is nothing he cannot handle that I need to leave my burdens at his feet, that I need to trust that HE has this in control and that is not my job, that He should be in the driver’s seat and I in the passenger’s.
28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.
This part of the verse is so well known by all of us. Sometimes so much so that there are probably people out there that do not realize it is a biblical verse.
I lean to this because he promises that he will give me strength. He will hold me upright and work through me. I am thankful to be a child of such a Powerful, Almighty, Wonderful Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24