Saturday, January 29, 2011

Psalms Saturday



Psalms 71:23
My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you – I, whom you have redeemed. (NIV)
Another verse for this week that reminds me of Zekaryah.
The boy is always singing. He has the best falsetto. I am so thankful he decided to join choir a couple of years ago at school. He has really grown in his talent. I love to listen to him when he really wants to sing. He does have moments where he goofs around with it and sometimes those are difficult to tolerate. He always knows by the look on my face too, the look that tells him- that’s enough now really sing if you want to sing.. lol
I love that he loves to praise the Lord by using his voice. It’s a sound that truly gives you goose bumps down your arms. I can just imagine the Lord looking down at him in smile. Some of the most joyous times in our home is when everyone joins in song together. My oldest doesn’t do this as much, but the rest of us can’t help at times but sing those praise songs to the Lord that come on the radio. There have been times where one of the kid’s friend’s is with us in the car and we kind of forget. I wonder what story they tell when they head home...I bet it’s interesting at times.
I am betting when the children sit down years from now and discuss memories of their childhood. Singing, praising the Lord...that will be something on the top ten of their most favorite traditions in our house.. Hopefully one they will carry on with their children too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24