Saturday, January 8, 2011

Psalms Saturday


Psalms 23
This is one of my all time favorites
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Sometimes I think that life can get so busy and really wear us down. I have felt that way this week. I just can't seem to focus and get things done and I am very overwhelmed. When I have times like that I remember Psalms 23- a promise for peace, quiet and tranquility. (To be renewed/restored.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24