Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

You know sometimes I find that I bend over backwards for people. This is especially the case when it comes to orders with my quilting company. I had made this beautiful Baby Genius quilt for someone with matching burp rags. I did it very quickly and got it mailed. I failed however to get a tracking number or confirmation. Needless to say I have learned my lesson. I then refunded money to this person because she mentioned the order never arrived to its desitination. I was very timely on my refund and tried to be understanding. I felt it was the Christian thing to do, even though she complained about how I handled myself. This week she wrote a very nasty email or two, said some things about my mom, about my Christian faith, just really cut me to my core. I felt lousy! I was thankful that she reimbursed me for the shipment that now found it to its new owners- some how it was delayed in the mail. It made me really evaluate myself. Am I not a good Christian? Do I not try to be friendly, quick, accurate with orders? Have I lost site of my focus in Sunshine of Autumn Quilts?
I am thankful that yesterday- after getting this email I spent the day with my friend and her two girls doing some fabric shopping- it kept my mind off things.
I checked my feedback today- as I had a customer ask me for specific directions on how to do such on ETSY. I was impressed to see the Lord answer my hearts pondering so quickly.
Here are three recent feedback's from customers that I have worked with this month. They all warm my heart very much.

Just beautiful! This is the best present I have bought my Mom in a long time! What a great way to keep the memories alive! I love it! 

The quilt was perfect, great quality & completed within a week! Seller was quick to respond to any questions. Would definitely recommend her!

My experience with you couldn't have gone any better. The way you gave the transaction a personal touch was wonderful. Asking God to bless me just warmed my heart and was greatly appreciated. May He bless you and yours as well. You contacted with a small issue regarding my order on a timely basis and the product came just as promised. Definitely would use you again. Thank you.

You know I am so thankful to be in the Christmas Season. The Saviors Birth is so very important to me. I try very hard to be a good person, follow the biblical principals that were set before us. Provide Sunshine into others lives where I can. This season I have given away more orders than any other. We have struggled so much this past year and I really felt that I wanted to give to others to heal my heart a little. I am really missing my mom so the extra work helps me too. I also know that a great deal of what I made will be treasured by those loved ones whether we know each other personally or just via internet connection.  I would say that after looking at the feedback today I have not lost my focus on what is important to me value wise in my business. I would say that sometimes you just can't always please others and I am very sorry that I hurt this customers feelings, it was not my intention, esp should have been obvious by the fact that I included to free burp rags in her order. 
I am thankful that the Lord has unconditional love for us. I had to really rely on that this week. It is nice to know that no matter how bad things get I have Him to fall back on. That no matter the obstacles or my sin that He is forgiving, gracious and loving. 
As Christmas approaches I Thank the Lord for every person that He has put in my path. I thank Him for all the orders I have been able to accomplish this past year. Those that were paid and those that were gifts. I am thankful to see that the gifts outweigh the paid orders, they actually are double over the paid..I pray that this coming year He continue to guide my footsteps, continue to open doors to allow my business to bring sunshine and love into the homes of others through my work. I pray that I continue to see the bigger picture and stay grounded in the values I have before me now.
May you have a wonderful holiday season with family and friends. Remember Jesus truly is the Reason for the Season.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to deal with difficult people, but I think the Lord puts them directly in our paths for a reason. When you can turn the other cheek and let those people slap it too, then you're pleasing the Lord. That's difficult to do.

    You've blessed our family this year and I will forever be grateful and thankful that I met you. Praying we'll be friends for many years.

    I know you miss your mom right now. I'm praying that you will have lots of peace and joy this Christmas. I know that's what your mom would desire for you.
    Merry Christmas!
    p.s. Josh opened his quilt tonight. He dearly loves it and will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24