Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Blessings

I am thankful for all that I was able to give this Christmas Season. I still have two more pillowcases to make- I have been under the weather so they did not get made in time for Christmas, however, the little girls that they go to won't mind a bit to get an after Christmas gift.
 Potholders and towels to my daughters friends mom
 A Tshirt Quilt for my friend's son
 A Tshirt quilt for my daughter's friends husband it was funny to see him open this- it took a minute for him to realize these were HIS tshirts. He won't let anyone touch HIS quilt.
 Several Pillowcases- these seem to be the gift of the season
An Animal Quilt for my friend Diana, she had placed a couple orders, then sent me this middle panel in the quilt, I took it added sides, turned her backing into binding fabric, added a name and put some red flannel on the back that matched perfectly. It turned out really cute.


We were blessed by two groups, first was the kids school. They provided us with two gift cards- which we were able to buy a microwave with- Ours finally bit the dust yesterday- we chose a $40 on the counter model instead of replacing the $180 over the range one. I just felt like if we spent less and dealt with loosing kitchen space we could buy some groceries too, and we did, it came to just under $90 for the food and microwave so we have enough for a gallon of milk and some zucchini later this week.
They also blessed us with some socks, a couple of games which we love. I really want to work at making game night a weekly item for our family again- we get so busy that we failed to make it an every week even this past year. They also gave Paul a new drill and some bits and the kids some outdoor balls and skateboards.
My friend's dad provided us with some money which I used for the kids sheets and some more socks and underware. Mekenzei was able to get a couple tank tops and 2 long sleeve shirts. 
I really can testify to the fact that the Lord takes care of those who give to others. We didn't really have the money to spend on materials for some of the items that I made. I really wanted to selfishly use it for our own kids. I also really wanted some new towels for my kitchen- just some white ones I could sew fabric on. Instead I took the money from quilt sales to buy batting and backing for the two tshirt quilts and I bought flannel for the pillowcases. It felt really good to give to others. Another blessing was my ability to stay busy and not become depressed during the season of Christmas. 
The kids really didnt notice anything missing either. It seemed like a little money came here and there and I was able to do more this season, I know that was the Lord providing. We were able to finally provide Mekenzei with a bed frame- we are still in the process of remodeling her room. I was also able to finally buy a power supply for Jakob for his computer too. 
Matthew 7:12 says the following, 
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
I try hard to follow that rule. 
Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.
One verse that sticks out in my mind this morning as I get ready to Tackle my Tuesday, is the following
Philippians 4:12
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
So my questions for today are "Do you give with a glad heart?" and "What can you do this week to bring sunshine or some small contentedness to life of someone you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24