Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Distraught

Today I find myself tired-distraught-discouraged. I need to connect with God this morning lean on his strength, ask for renewal and rest. Through Christ I can do all things- he will strengthen me.
I was up most of the night with a puppy that would not sleep. He itched himself all night and whined while doing so. We started out in our bedroom but soon by husband got upset and tired and I got kicked to the couch with the puppy. So at 5:30 when I came in our room to climb in bed and realized I was stepping in lots of water I was dismayed.
It has rained so much in the last 24 hours that water is now entering our den. I have already gone through 4 towels, and replaced them. I am sure I will be washing and drying towels to continue laying on the floor so that it will continue to soak up rain water.
I pulled the quilt out of the dryer that I finished last night to find that the nice expensive thread I purchased and used bled on the white fabric! I am rewashing it a few times to see if I can get it to lighten some, but I doubt it. Thankfully I do have a friend I can gift this quilt to, she is an A&M fan.
I then went to look at my remaining fabric and realized I do not have enough white blocks left, so tomorrow after work I will have to go purchase more fabric for this donation quilt due Sat morning. So much for being ahead- to be honest it was a huge blessing that I washed the quilt- I had prewashed all the fabrics so I wasn't going to. I would have been horrified to know that it happened to someone that purchased it from me. So I can't say it was a total loss if that makes sense. Sure was a pretty quilt though.
I went to take the kids to school this morning and discovered the front seat was wet. I thought maybe the door had been left ajar, but come to find out that it was raining that hard when my husband stopped at the store last night to get food. I just hadn't thought about it. He did strip pretty much down to nothing at the door and I did throw every one of those Walmart bags away as they were full of water-was just a shock to Mekenzei when she climbed in to go to school this morning.
So since I am exhausted and discouraged I figure a nap is in store. Then I will proceed with some quilting for today. I can't tackle washing clothes as we have had so much rain that I might flood the yard by adding washing machine water to it too- it drains into the lawn. With the Carnival this weekend I am sure I have plenty of quilting to still do though. I pray today for strength, contentment and courage as I move forward in my day, but first deep rest that would renew me and help me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all go through days similar to this. You need to get REST!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24