Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday and Love


This week we have been exploring the idea of love. How to love, why to love, what is love... you get the idea. With Valentines Day approaching I feel many of us miss the idea of what God intended love to be. It isn't flowers, jewelery, gifts, chocolate... those things are nice but they are not love. That doesn't mean we don't like them though right?
Seriously though when we think of being thankful what better example of Love then God giving us Christ, his only son, to die for us, to save us, to give us eternal life, to forgive us of all wrong doing, to forgive us of all sin. We are made white as snow, we are given a clean slate. I can't imagine a better example of Love then that can you?
Today I am ever so thankful for that display of Love, that through God's grace we are saved to have eternal life with him. A Life where we will not have to worry about money to pay bills, not have to plan menus and clean a house that seems to always be dirty, not have to worry about pain because our health is failing, not have to care for a loved one that is sick..the list goes on doesn't it. All those trials and tribulations that God allows into our lives so that he can mold us and shape us into that person he desires us to be will not be needed anymore.
I just can't even imagine. What a wonderful time that will be to know no pain, no sorrow, no fear.

I am ever so thankful in my own life, we continue to heal from this cold in our home that never seems to go away. I have completed two of my three quilt orders this week-which on Monday seemed impossible. I have a son that turned 13 today- and wow is he a GEM. My daughter is being baptized this Saturday, what an honor it will be to be there and watch her continue to grow in our Heavenly Father. Most of all I have a husband whom I love so much, who is there to support me, who claims to love me even more than I love him, who took Monday off and worked in our garden to get the water routed to it- in hopes that we will have more success so we might can food this year. I have so much to be thankful for in the midst of all the uncertainty around me, even within our own home. I leave you with one final thought today.
The bible says, "If you only love those who love you, what credit is that to you?"
Luke 6:32

5 comments:

  1. Great thoughts and blessings. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great thoughts and thankful list. I hope your garden does great things this year so you can have a pantry full come fall. Here in the north it'll be a while before we can till the ground and all that, but I'm making plans. Always fun to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my second comment to post since I didn't write down the verification,,grrr.LOL.
    Just wanted to let you know I was blessed by your post, and GREATLY ministered to by Amazing Grace as it is playing right now. It is washing over my spirit and I'm sitting here just resting in the arms of our Father..((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the thankful reminder! How very true!

    I am thankful today for my hubby who thinks of me, even in little things and brought me a present of a yard of the blue horse fabric and a yard of red fabric on his way home today! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your thoughts on love. I am also thankful for God's love - it is a precious gift! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24