Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Song

I have an entire weeks worth of writing to do. I will work on it later tonight I imagine, then I can begin posting. Since I only have a few moments- because I am in Utah with family awaiting tonight's viewing service of my Grandfather Kale. I wanted to share the lyrics to the song he loved. One that I know my two sisters will sing, they have requested I join them and I have not quite made up my mind yet. Of course I need to today as the funeral itself is Thursday.
It is a song that has stood the test of time, it does not involve race or religion, it is just simply sung by just about everyone. Nearly everyone almost always knows the lyrics to the first stanza. Nearly every popular recording artist at some point sings it, esp those in country or christian- like Michael W Smith, Twila Paris, Lee Greenwood, Willie Nelson and even THE KING- Elvis did his own version. The song is
Amazing Grace- perfect title as it truly is just AMAZING the GRACE that GOD has for us.
That we get to join Him in his Perfect Kingdom after he leave this earthly body of ours.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be one of the greatest songs ever written. It stands the test of time.

    Thanks for the great posts on this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24