Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My decision to be a Light of Hope to others

You know sometimes we have no idea what God has in store for our lives. My faith is not necessarily revolved upon any denomination. I am a Christian mother of 3 children. I try to be a Proverbs 31 wife. Often I fall short. I heard once that the Proverbs 31 woman is possibly one that evolved over her lifetime not necessarily a daily aspect in her life. I think that sounds more reasonable. I do know it is not our job to interpret every aspect of the Bible but rather let God lead us to understand the scripture as it applies to our lives at that moment in time, to take from it and try to let it lead us along his path.
That being said, it was impressed upon my heart today to take my quilting to a new level. My other Blog started out of wanting to keep family updated about the kids, to share my quilting with new friends I had met online and just be inspiration to others through God who works through me. Today I found the deep desire to continue the blog posting I started Saturday Night. To maybe give those who read my Blog a daily encouragement using God's word.
It seems that so many people I know are going through such hard times. It is easy - too easy to forget little things. That God loves us, that sometimes even though we don't understand He lets us go through the deep dark places, so that He can lead us to the light ahead- to the Blessings He has in store for us.
We constantly hear how women should keep a clean house, raise children who don't take things for granted, who are decent and kind, who follow the rules. That we should be this wife that cooks every day, who has time for her husband etc. In this busy life it seems so hard to manage everything and be that Godly example all the time.
I hope through my writings, you will be encouraged, that it will give you Hope, that God will work through me to speak words that will Bless you and Help you have positive Growth in God.
I have posted two of my previous posts to this new Blog, as they started my adventure into this new idea.
I also want to say that I owe so much of my outspokenness of God and deep desire to dig deep into his word, and lean on Him when things seem so impossible. To remember that He has a plan for my life, he wants to grant me Hope, light my path and grant me the true desires of my heart. That he will overflow my cup with blessings and give me strength, and that all things work to the good of those who love God and obey his commands. That He forgives me in all things and in the times I fall short of His magnificent Glory. All these lessons, lessons I learned as a child, were furthered into a relationship an adult understanding through my mother in law, Joyce. Someone I grew to feel was my mother, someone who I know was that Proverbs 31 woman, a Godly woman I aspire to also become. I had 10 years with a lady, the last couple of years I cared for her when no one else seemed to handle the situation. I knew that God had a plan, a plan for me to marry my husband Paul so that one day I could give back to Joyce, care for her until it was time for her to go home. I cannot explain to you how much she changed my life, encouraged me to Grow in Christ and Today I decide to be a Light of Hope to Others. To encourage New Growth for you to be closer to God. I pray for you to follow me on this journey He has planned, as even I have no idea where it will lead.
I love you my sisters in Christ,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24