Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Open Your Eyes and Your Heart

In continuing with our Love Theme for this week it is important to open your eyes and your heart to see who our Father really is. Love is the Lord's Character, his essence. The Bible Says, "Love comes from God...for God is love." 1 John 4:7-8
I can't think of a better quality to posses. I can't think of a better quality to share with everyone. It is so hard to do at times though, especially that unconditional love. It is easy to withhold love to someone, such as a sister or spouse, because we feel we have been wronged or maybe they did something we did not like. Where does that really get us? In the times that things are the worst I feel like we should love even more.
The bible also says that "We love because God first loved us." 1 John 4:19
How amazing to be loved by God- he is the only one that can give unconditional love. As hard as we try our love can tend to be conditional. We don't automatically love strangers. We tend to get to know people and as we become friends we love them. It doesn't just happen. For us love is a feeling not an action, yet it really should be an action. We will talk more about that tomorrow.
For today I want to leave you with one more thought. Love is a Choice- it is a commitment.
The Lord says in Deuteronomy 30:20 "Choose to love the Lord your God and commit yourself to him." To improve your relationships you have to make love a choice- a commitment.
Is there areas in your marriage, or with your children, or even with your family members where you could work on making love a choice in order to have a better relationship?
I know for me I feel I have a pretty good relationship with my children and my husband. I would say if they were asked they would agree. I would also say that I am not satisfied with where those relationships are, I can always desire to have more, especially in the area of quality. I don't think I could ever love too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb: sweet to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24